The First Post of April

Ah, let the madness begin!

The spring season has arrived with its usual fanfare. It's rainy and crappy out but surprisingly warm. I was quite taken aback when I went outside after work and it's beautiful out! It must have been 70! Amazing.

Today was a good day. I got in early, got a lot done, got the payroll reports out and the bills to the Business Office, then home to let the guys in to paint the sunroom. The sunroom! You would not recognise it! The walls are no longer institution beige but now a beautiful light blue. The ceiling no longer shows every single flaw and grey areas - it is now a beautiful white ceiling.

It looks gorgeous. They will put up the shelf I brought home in the one corner, my little shelf from the Pennsylvania Dutch Country in another. It will have the furniture from this room in it (too bad) and this room (the living room) will have the corner unit in it. It won't be the best furniture in the world in the sunroom, but it will do for now. We'll get better furniture at some point, but not right away.

I had a Hawai'ian pizza for dinner and Luis and I plotted out his visit to the hospital. I'll be taking him at 0600 to Morristown (I think) to have his kidney stone destroyed. He's thinking that they are going to snake the camera in through his penis to see the stone, and take it from there. It doesn't sound wonderful, but this is what they have sedatives for!

The only open item is the fireplace, which failed inspection on Friday and hasn't been fixed yet. They came on Saturday to make the changes as mandated by Parsippany and it leaks... how wonderful. How nice that it is spring and the weather is warming up and we still don't have our working fireplace. I'm not at all happy about this work.

But the day was still a good one and I'm terribly happy with the sunroom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family