The Boat Song

A couple once went sailing out upon the ocean blue
They were sweethearts sitting closely side-by-side
They were pressing palms together and the time it quickly flew
As King Henry guillotined another bride
Another bride...

He was a sailor man by trade
Working steadily throughout the year
And in terms of his profession
He wispered in his ear

Will you love me when my anchor is all rusted?
Will you love me when my rudder doesn't steer?
Will you love me when my poopdeck is encrusted?
When my gangplank is all warped, will you shed tears?

Will you love me when my wadding is all moldy?
Will you love me when my dinghy starts to leak?
When my hold has no more rum?
Will you come when I cannot call?
Will you love me when my mast is not erect?

Do do do do...

Will you love me when my cannon starts misfirin'?
Will you love me when my aor it is all bent?
When my rigging gathers age and needs retirin'?
When my strength to raise the flag it is all spent?

Will you love me when my crow's nest is all empty?
When my compass points forever to the South?
When I cannot load my gun
Will you become a nun?
Will you love me when my mast is not erect?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family