Dinner Time!

I have just spent twenty minutes trying to find the right top.

In this case, it would be the right top that transforms me from the fat woman that I am to a stunning, svelte creature that looks like a dark haired Michelle Pfeiffer. There is, sadly, no such top out there, and if there is, I don't have the time to find it and I certainly can't afford it. So, on a practical level, it is useless to try on fifteen shirts and hope that each time I look in the mirror it will be some one else that I don't know (but looks amazing) looking back at me.

What are the odds?

Slim. Clearly. But, let's be honest here. It is a party full of EMTs. This means that 75% of us are obviously overweight and the remaining 25% are weirdly thin. Yes, that is right. Beautiful people don't normally gravitate toward this sort of thing. I'm not saying anything that isn't patently obvious just from sheer observation. There is a small percentage that are more than weird or pretty or outside the "acceptable" body type, but most of us are physical oddballs - and mentally, too.

We are a very different lot. Looking for the social misfits you used to make fun of in high school? That is us. You managed to find us! The programmers, the artists, the HR people, the weird but happy and always themselves people who have the "I am who I am and you can take me or leave me" attitude are all here. We are all of those and more.

We save lives.

So, maybe I am fat (no argument there, I am fat!). Maybe I am not all that and a bag of chips. But I'm happy, and I'm cute, and I know how to have a really great time and I have an ugly but oddly infectious smile - because I genuinely mean it. My smile reaches my eyes, and people compliment me on it all the time (just imagine what I could do if I had great teeth, on top of that!).

I'm going to have a great time tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...