A Response to the Two Articles (Wal-Mart, dated 20 March)

I was surprised. I broke for dinner and when I returned to my computer (to order Amazon stuff!), there was a comment posted on the blog about the two articles.

The comment, left by someone who is a nieghbour (I'm in Lake Hiawatha.), was: "The person arrested in connection with this incident is 16. I figured it would be a teenage boy who would be arrested for this. It sounds like a childish prank gone wrong. I hope he is found guilty and gets a severe punishment for his actions."
That makes two of us!

Just to recap, someone with a pea-sized brain went into a southern New Jersey Wal-Mart, took control of the PA system (which right there is a big red flag...) and said, "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now."

They didn't know if it was a customer or an employee (and I would have loved, dearly, to have been the manager to let that person go!), and it seemed that maybe this would not have an answer to who did such a disgusting thing. But every so often, justice is served. (Like when someone tailgates you when you are driving 15 miles over the speed limit and then gets pulled over! YEEEE-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-S-S-SSSS!)

Turns out a 16-year-kid did this. And there were all kinds of things no one was willing to say because he is a juvenile. I'm thinking at 16, he is so damn close to being a legal adult, print his name anyway. Let's see what his peers at school think of him now. Does he have any priors? We can't tell anyone, he's only 16. Uh-huh. And my personal favourite: "He would not say whether the boy has a criminal record, citing the teen's age, and would not disclose the teen's race, saying that did not factor into the investigation." Oh, right - the perp's race isn't a factor in this? Gee, and yet it sounded so racial...

I hope he is convicted of both things and I hope it is not expunged from his record. This kid deserves to live with this and what a horrible, hurtful, stupid thing it was to do.
And thank you to the math wiz, who corroborated what I think. It's always nice to see other bloggers out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family