Time For A GOOD RANT...

I need to rant. As it happens, a good friend of mine who has been keeping up with my blog has put in a request for a rant. So I thought about it but really, the day was mild, life has been sort of calm, nothing too distressing has been happening. So, nothing really came to mind. And then...

...I went to fill up my gas tank after work...

tick...

tick....

tick.....

tick......

KABOOM!

I went nuts.

I did not take it out on the gas attendant. Let's face it, he is making next to nothing to pump gas for a lot of really angry people. But I was flabberghasted. I was ready to jump out and pummel something - anything - because the high test gas was $3.09 a gallon! YIKES! I remember when I was 19 and first driving and having to scrape up $3.00 to put in my tank - however, at that time, the same $3.00 got me five gallons of gas! Now it wouldn't GET ME ONE LOUSY GALLON! And why the hell shouldn't I rant about that?

We watch the prices go up. When I was hiking my cookies up to Sussex County, I joked about how I was going to have to tell Corporate that I was going to telecommute because gas was almost - not quite, but almost - $2.00 a gallon. That to me was shocking. I had never seen it anywhere near that high. Now I would be bloody grateful if it got down to $2.50! Let me add that it was not a year ago that I was upset that prices were approaching $2.00 a gallon. It was January of this year.

What is it that does this? Middle Eastern oil? Well. We have Texas - what's the problem? I am not a politician (clearly this is the case - what politician would have a firm opinion about anything?), I don't understand the issues of the day and I don't understand why gasoline costs a mint. All I do know is that less than a year ago I was complaining that it cost me $18.50 to fill my tank and this morning it cost a whopping $39.00 to do so! What the hell!

George W. Bush wants to do something for his country? Great! Let's see some action, Georgie-boy. Let's see you do something about the numbers of us who are out of work. Let's see you do something about the cost of fossil fuels. My gas bill keeps rising. I live in an area where mass transit is in the stone age. I have noticed, however, that my income has not risen to reflect the hike in the cost of living that my fuel bill shows... hmmm.

Electric car, anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...