There Is a Perfect Ass Print on My Chair

Bet you are wondering what that means!

It doesn't mean nearly as much as you think, Cowboy. It means exactly what it reads. In a plainer sense, it really means that this is more mindless rambling as opposed to any serious topic. I'm just going to aimlessly write and whatever comes out, well, there it is. No specific topic.

There actually really IS a perfect double semi-circle there on my office chair (the one at home, noodnick!) and there is a simple and completely non-shocking reason for it. Very often, I will sit down at my computer right after showering in the altogether as it were. I use baby powder to keep things fresh and dry and it leaves a pattern on the chair. That's it, folks. Nothing amazing or abberant there.

Although it is funny, one of my coworkers called me a freak (she was, in fact, referring to my eating habits more than anything else) but she was dead-on with that description. Funny, after lunch she came to my office and apologised. There was absolutely no need to - it was actually quite funny! I certainly wasn't offended... it would be as true as pointing out that my hair is dark! I would not take offense to that. Actually, it is fairly hard to offend me on a personal level. I am the first to admit that I am an... offbeat, odd person, not at all the prime respresentative of "normal" humanity. Thank the gods. Who wants to be so... plebian?

Now, I am a freak, but I am a freak who loves to learn, loves using as many varied words as I can, loves the sciences, reads forensic journals for fun, finds amusement in everything... not a bad way to live, really. I am happy. I suspect only "freaks" really are the happiest as we are not tied into being the "standard" or normal human being. That just would not be true to myself. If I am going to be anything, it is true to myself. Let everyone else hang!

My eating is not good. Forgetting that I eat too much, it is really what I do eat - the list is limited - and how much healthy food I don't touch. No veggies - almost none. Some fruit but too lazy to actually prepare anything. I do not cook. I prefer my poultry and other formerly living proteins to be as they appear on my plate. I would not, for instance, buy a live chicken and watch it go from running around pecking people to dead to defrocked to cut up and prepared - ugh. Give me the finished, ready-to-eat product, please!

Not that I am about to give up my carnivorous ways. I am not a vegetarian, I am most certainly not a Vegan (possibly they are from another planet). Give me my ham, my eggs (preferably scrambled or as an omelet), give me my cereal in milk! Hand over the bacon, baby! Plants are living things too. You think if they had vocal cords, they would not utter a protest at having their leaves or fruit plucked, their roots removed? Of course they would! So you may as well stop eating entirely. All life lives at the expense of other life. This is nature. Red in tooth and claw.

I can hear the township happily (I guess) plowing away. They were not on the ball today - usually they are plowing with the first inch of snow, especially on my street. I have the pleasure of being the closest member to the squadhouse and that is usually high on the priority list of whom to plow first - emergency services! Not that we need it for the rig. 14,000lbs of sheer ambulance and four-wheel drive ensure that I will get to almost any location I want. It is getting the cars in - no one else has the pleasure of walking across the street and poof! I'm there.

My friend Flyboy is coming over and we are going out to lunch. Yay! It is cold but lovely and sunny - rather ironic as just three hours ago it was snowing like it would never stop! It was a hellacious storm - it dumped five or so inches of snow and then left the way it arrived - with great alacrity!

Our weather typically comes from the west and marches east over us to head out to sea. In the winter, however, it comes out of the north (sometimes) and the south (frequently) and what North Carolina brews in rain gets to us in the form of rain, ice, or, more often, snow. It is a crapshoot with us. Parsippany is often right on the cusp of the rain/snow line. It may be rain and it may be snow. This particular system was snow, through and through but that is not usually the case. Personally I find that snow is prettier but both, for driving, are just as deadly. People suddenly turn into morons when confronted with adverse driving conditions...

Well, it is nap-time at the OK Corral, so I need to zip across the street, get cat litter and clean out the litter boxes while the out-law is asleep and not around to pester me. But that is a subject for another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...