The Weather Blahs...

It's a rainy grey day outside. It is dark and dreary inside. I started cleaning up around the house, and have made the bed and straightened up most of the bedroom... but that is as far as I've gotten. I'm just not feeling very inspired to much of anything, really.

I'm much too susceptible to the weather... I find it is really hard to do things and move and be interested in much on dark, dreary days like this. Good thing I went into the City yesterday. I had a perfectly lovely day there. I met up with Harry almost the moment I stepped out of the PATH train station onto Christopher Street. The sun was bright and shining and there was a coolish breeze - gorgeous. We walked all over the Village area and then took the L and then 4th train to Central Park. We met up with Nick and walked through the Shakespeare's Garden portion of the park. We hung out on some benches there chatting and then finally headed out and then decided we were hungry and went to a delicious pizza place - oh, what a wonderful thing! It was Marengo pizza - chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, sauce and cheese. Yowza. We were there until 2030 chatting and just having a great time.

I finally got to the car in Hoboken around 21:35 and then came home, a good fast trip with no traffic snags. I love trips like that. The day was perfect. I did, of course, do some shopping. I bought a Shakespeare sex mug, a beautiful fluoride ball, two more Chilean good luck pigs, a pair of lovely earrings, a couple of postcards and some tea from McNulty's - Irish Afternoon tea and Scottish Breakfast tea.

I got home shortly after 2200, stayed up watching the telly for a bit with Luis and finally went to bed around midnight. I could not keep my eyes open.

Today... well, not so active. I have a whole rest of the house to clean. Now that Luis is not napping on the couch in the sun room I can really clean up out there. And I really need to do this now, so that when he travels on Wednesday I will be able to come home to a truly clean house and enjoy it for the time he is away.

Luis will be in Chicago this coming week, probably from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday night or more likely Sunday midday. Just as well. I am riding Thursday night and next weekend is my normal Saturday rotation, something I enjoy. Although I am on tonight from 1800 to midnight... and my gut is telling me that something big is going to happen... I have had that before. Sometimes I'm right and we have a bad night out. Sometimes I'm wrong and absolutely nothing happens at all. But when I am right, I am really, really right. Hopefully I am wrong today.

Well, time to really push myself and do something. It is also time to go across the street and grab another bag of kitty litter and change the litter during the outlaw's nap. That will be happening in an hour or so. That way I can write letters this afternoon and relax...


Alright. Time to push. No more blogging or telly or playing with the kitties or sex or ANYTHING until I get off my butt and clean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...