Purring is the Best Medicine

Oh, how funny was that?


I came home from a call, a fairly alarming one at that. Looked like an incipient heart attack - never a good sign. I was feeling pretty drained, but still managed to drag myself downstairs for the Thursday night chore... cleaning the two kitty litter boxes. Oh, yes, that exciting life I lead when not running around in the rig, looking for some street that doesn't show on the Parsippany map...


Well, I changed the litter boxes after stopping to pet and scratch Chelsea, happily napping on the outlaw's couch. I got them done fairly quickly and decided to reward myself for a job well done by stopping to stroke the cat some more. And then I had my idea.

After all, I'm sitting there with my "ears" hanging 'round my neck...


I put on my nice expensive Littman stethoscope and put the other end on Chelsea's side. It was purring on steroids! The moise was like a really nice deep jet engine! It was amazing and struck me as quite funny. But I was delighted to hear this lovely sound, this happy sound, magnified to the nth degree. Chelsea did not seem to mind it at all. I certainly did not need to press at all hard to get that incredible sound!

It made me feel like all was right with the world again, and that is a good feeling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...