Running on Empty

The emotional and physical well-being tank is out of gas.

Around 1030 this morning the engine sputtered and stopped and I felt awful. Nothing I can pin down, like a stomach ache or onset of a cold, just... general malaise. I was suddenly exhausted and feeling just "not right". Time to go home. I've pushed myself unbelievably hard the last four weeks and probably working all weekend last weekend was not the smartest thing in the world. And yesterday was definitely a test of my ability to deal with bizarre situations. Staggering.

I guess there is not much more to say beyond this. I'm super tired and I need to have some down time. Away from the situation with my mother more than anything else. Fortunately the end is in sight and she is slated for release tomorrow. I called every day since they told me that to make sure that this evil place is not going back on their word.

If you have a loved one that is in the hospital, do NOT, under any circumstances, talk you into putting that person into a rehabilitation facility. Unless you are ungodly rich and can afford a place that is ungodly nice, you will be putting him 0r her into a prison that is looking for the money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...