But Now I'm Back

My dear Maria
I'm here to see ya
Won't you please, please open the door
I brought ya flowers
Been waitin' hours
Can't stand it anymore

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Now he's back
Had a snack
Now he's back

My heart is burning
For that love of ours
Yearning
For that sea of stars
Let me in so I can prive to you
That no one else
Can love you, girl
The way that I do

Oh, how I miss ya
I wanna kiss ya
And hold you close
From dusk to dawn
So let's just make up
And when you wake up
I promise not to be gone

You know I love ya
Dream only of ya
So please, please cut me some slack
I went away
Just a couple of days...
But now I'm back

Now he's back
Cut him slack
Now he's back

Maria, baby,
I guess that maybe
You're still a little angry with me
But it's getting late and
The boys are waitin'
Gotta get something to eat

I better go now
I hope you know now
I love you, that's a fact
Gotta hurry
But don't you worry, babe...
Cause I'll be back

He'll be back
It's a fact
He'll be back
Don't attack...

After Franz Schubert's Fantasy in F-minor, for piano four-hands
Pink Martini

Comments

Kittie Howard said…
Love it...this can apply to soooo much in life...
Anonymous said…
Who in the world sings this? Cant find it

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...