A Great Night Out for Car 69!

I really do enjoy going to these dinners, having a fun time with all those that I know, dancing, eating good food, just having a really great time. Those guys from 69 are really wacky - they gave a whole bunch of gag gifts - something we really never do - and some of them were really awful. It's tacky of course, but it's a lot of fun, and the guys mostly seemed to love it. Kelly gave me a couple of Kleenex with hands displaying the middle finger. I can't even imagine where one shops for this stuff! So here are some photos of all the fun we had!


These are the current officers being sworn in. Every one of these dinners has this - that's why they're called installation dinners. The installment of the new officers. Let's see if I can name them all (from left to right): Rich, Rick, Charlie (I think), Jack, Kelly, I can't see him, Franco, and Brian.

Todd Wolf and his wife. He is also my vet for my kitties and a very experienced diver. He's also an exceptionally nice person. Very knowledgeable. His wife is striking.

Don Bragg with me - he is one of my crewmates. When I was unemployed we rode quite a bit together - thoroughly enjoyable. He is one of the sweetest - genuinely sweetest - people I know. There is a gentleness about him and that makes him a really great EMT (he is technically a First Responder but trust me when I tell you he is really an EMT. He also loves words so I set him up with A Word A Day e-mails, which he is delighted to get.

This is one of the probational members - I think his name is Sherman, I'm not sure. He's just adorable, I think! He has a really cute face. He's very nice, but then, I really like all the guys on this squad. I went through First Responder training with most of them in the autumn of 2003.

This is John Walsh. Just before the photographer shot this, he made his trademark comment, "Outstanding!" He and I have been on calls together, twice, when we were both out of work and we couldn't get a back-up crew out (it happens during the day sometimes). He was an excellent help on those calls.

Me with Jack. I just have the biggest soft spot for him. I think he's really adorable, too!

Me with Brian Sisko. He is really looking great with his new haircut - I don't doubt he had heart failure when he went (his hair was quite a bit longer), but this is a good look for him.

Me with Bob from OEM (Office of Emergency Management). I really like him. He also told me the last time I saw him - ironically on my birthday, at the town meeting regarding the communications tower - that I have a great smile and that he loves that I'm always happy and smiling. I really enjoyed hearing that!

Kelly ran around all night "teabagging" people. Please don't ask me what this means, it's not really repeatable. Or else watch Howard Stern... It was pretty funny in photos, though. Here he is teabagging Rick.

Rich, looking a bit odd here. He really had quite a bit to drink... not unusual at these things. He really looks oh, so serious here, like he is doing something super-important. Too serious for a party!

Bea, Rich's wife, looking really funny here in the fireman's hat. She had a fun time.

Rich and another member of Car 69 singing "Sweet Home Alabama" - usually when it comes to karaoke, there is cringing everywhere, but these guys really did an incredible job of singing this!

Luis with me taking a break from the dance floor. We had a fun time, danced as we usually do to "Runaround Sue" and "Ponce de Replay", and had a good time talking to each other. He really is a lot of fun, and always is funny at these things. And he looks so yummy in his suit now! It's practically falling off of him, he's lost so much weight, but the change is wonderful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...