Will I Ever Have the Answers? No. Stop Thinking about the Answers? Never!

I received an Anonymous response to one of my postings, "More Thinking About Gender... from 19 Feb." I have a sneaking suspicion I know who it is. Either way, I like this person and what he/she had to say although I will never want a talk show host job. Ever. Public performing on that level is not my thing.

Anonymous wrote, "Stop trying, we'll never have the answers. There with in lies one of the mystery's of life. If you figured all that out, wouldn't life be rather boring after that? Or maybe you would become rich and famous, and then you could start doing your talk show tour?"

To you, Anonymous, I would say that you are right. I won't ever have most of the answers I seek. It would be the height of hubris to assume that someday I might. So instead I am realistic about this and realise immediately that this should not keep me up nights. And yes, life would indeed be heartlessly boring and meaningless once all the secrets of the universe and people are unraveled.

In this we agree.

However, to stop thinking about things, cogitating those unanswerable things entirely? Oh, no, not possible. I am positive of one thing: how little I know. I am also positive that each day I add a little more to that pool of knowledge that is mine. And I know that if people did NOT think on the unknowable, the impossible, man would not have made it to the moon. Never stop thinking as long as you go into it knowing that these answers are not readily made available to you and may never be!

Always think! It is as much living as anything else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...