Christmas is Coming Doldrums...

I don't understand the big fuss about the holidays. People get so worked up over them, but these are days like any other save one thing: the fuss. The drama. Boiled down, the stress. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against having fun, seeing people socially, giving and receiving gifts. But it has become a major thing in life, so much so that despite it being one period in a year, it is one that some people start preparing for in July. This doesn't seem a little... well... overkill?

Obviously everyone suffers from this overkill thing. Jewish people do this for eight days. Granted, when you think about it, they are probably saving money; Christmas gift exchanging is completely out of hand, and far more pricey overall. Ramadan is an entire month. I don't believe that gift exchanging is built into it; but fasting during the daylight hours and making up for it during the night hours is not healthy - what if you have a medical condition? Look how long it took for the Catholic church to grudgingly allow noshing prior to churchgoing if you have blood sugar issues. I personally fail to see how a little breakfast could hurt. In fact, it would help. Who can concentrate with a growling belly? Clearly you need not gorge, but a little something?

Well, I do like the holidays, I enjoy decorating and I love ham. I find the gatherings fun, although too many and I get out-of-sorts, as I don't wish to be that social. I work in a social sort of job, so my desire to communicate in person or on the phone suffers enormously during my off-time. I don't even ride with a social crew. But the holidays are stressful and they blow any fecundiary progress right back to zero. I always end up broke just prior to, during, and after the holidays! It's frustrating.

At least I don't cheap out on gifts when I do give them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...