Happy Christmas?

I dunno. Christmas seems so often like a period of higher stress, more agony, more insanity, less tolerance and patience. Where is the love? Where is the "breathe-deep-and-wow-doesn't-that-tree-smell-amazing! feeling? We have our tree up and the room is hip deep in lights and oh, that magical amazing aroma. It is truly a wonder!

But we are all rushing around, wholly unprepared and unready and not feeling anything resembling love. But I am happy and I am loved and I am super-super happy that my father after all this unbelievable bullshit with his knee, is feeling so much better - finally! They finally let him out of the hospital on Monday, 4 December and sent him home, loaded with meds and his pick line and tons of things to not do. It's not the high life. But it is life - living free of the hospital and eating real food, not that unforgivable stodge that they laughingly pass off as food. his picture was taken by me on Wendesday, 29 November. Things were looking up then! Now, it is amazing!




It has also had the delightful side-effect of making my mother get off of her dead butt and do things! Sure, it may not be easy for her. Sure, she may find it a struggle sometimes. But she is doing things, leaving the house, going to the store, running around to do things for Ray! I am very happy about that.

I am taking Thurdsday and Friday off to prep for Christmas and also to try to catch up on sleep and see that the house is as ready as it will ever be for the madness that only the Christmas holidays can bring. We will be heading out to Pennsylvania to see my father, Harry, and his interesting Christmas cactus. Sunday will likely be another orgy of buying (isn't that all December is?) but I will at least have my own money to spend - yay!

In other great news, I passed my Core 13 with flying colours! Aced all my practicals AND scored a 90% on my written test! YOWZA! How cool am I?? And how cool is this picture? I brought home the autumn decorations from work and put them on the dining room table and the evil kitty (Ariel) just had to get on the table and immerse herself in my leaves! At least she didn't chew on them!
Happy Christmas after all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...