The Shower is the Time When I Do My Best Thinking

Why is that?

Don't worry, I've the answer to that question! All that thinking, remember?

I get in the shower and I am immediately on auto-pilot. The brain is going! Off and running out the gate like a racehorse, with all those thoughts in my head. I think constantly in the shower. They are all pouring out like the water from the showerhead. And with me, that is a lot.

Unfortunately, my brain is not terribly orderly. I'm sure that people who know me well understand this but it takes getting used to. I appear very organised. I need that in my life and really work hard to have it. I need to push my brain into some neat, orderly place where the passion for everything isn't ruling me and there is some good, controlled, orderly thinking.

Some days are really good, I'm really focussed, sharp, right on my game and getting things done. The brain can actually pick up on what people are telling me and I remember things and I can actually accomplish things in a straight, orderly fashion, without allowing everything under the sun to distract me from the task at hand.
Some days I'm not at all good - thoughts just crash into each other, bumping around without any linear progression in my cranium. I can't focus on anything, people tell me things and I miss half of what they are saying if not all of it because my brain is stuck on thinking other things while I am looking at the person, nodding, smiling, saying, "uh-huh" in the appropriate intervals but I am stuck on something he or she said ten minutes ago, and have missed everything since.
Most days, I'm somewhere in the middle of "good" and "bad". I can focus to some degree, get some things done, manage to keep some linear progression to how things are getting done and the time frame in which they are getting done. A bad Monday for me is when I get payroll started after ten because I kept forgetting things in Genesis Pro, the timekeeping program. It happens... last Monday payroll was completed at noon, no hassles and that was great. The week before - well, there is no looking at that with all the weirdness that occurs in that week - there is the regular payroll, the vacation payroll and the bonus run - it is an all-day orgy of nothing BUT payroll. I can live with that one week out of 52 weeks of relative normalness!
But thinking in the shower always is my strongest time. Weird, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...