Thunderstorm Season Begins!

The first real storm of 2007 rolled in on Thursday night - well, Friday morning, around 0120. There was a long, low rumble in the distance. Apparently there was more after that but I had been on the verge of falling asleep and this was not enough noise to really keep me up. I always feel cheated when storms happen late at night. I so love thunderstorms so it is better for me if they happen during the waking hours. However, sometimes that happens. Some of the worst storms roll in during the wee hours of the night.

Apparently this storm was one of those, but not this far north. Someone who lives maybe 30 miles south of me at work told me that the windows rattled for most of it and there were a couple of peals of thunder that made the floor shake! Now, that's a storm! Good gods.

I have taken some amazing photos of storms, although unless I can capture bolt lightning (which I have, a couple of times - not easy, let me tell you!) it is not much to look at! But to experience. Wow! I have lived through some truly amazing storms. I don't see a lot of supercell storms but I have seen them from both the air and the ground, and they are big scary storms! New Jersey does get some big-ass storms.

The weather has not been at all good for the course, and I hope it gets better. Quite frankly, there is a good balance. We just aren't having that here. We seem to be on the wetter end of life. The last week was horrendous. The opening week of golf was literally rained out - Sunday through Thursday the course was closed. This week had a downpour yesterday, but today was not terrible. Unfortunately, the rest of the week is not looking positive. 40% chance of showers tonight; 20% chance of storms tomorrow, 30% tomorrow night and Monday. None for Tuesday (we hope) but more storms on the horizon for Tuesday night and showers on Wednesday. When does it stop? I'm in a business predicated on the weather!

But... I do like storms!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...