How Many People Can YOU Hire...

...in one week?!

Remember 1 May? A lifetime ago... I mentioned that I hired a boatload of people in March and April. Well... never again will I mention that in a complaining sort of way! This week I hired... well... let me see... eight people on Monday, two or three on Thursday and six on Friday - oh, yes, yesterday... still a lifetime ago!

I just hear an actress on the telly say "jewlery"... you know, instead of "jewelry". I remember very clearly my mother constantly correcting my pronounciation of jewelry. I do say it correctly now. I have for a long time, but I still remember it. And it is appalling to hear it from others. Almost as glaring as "aksing a question"... Yikes! YIKES!

YIKES!

How does that happen? Someone at work told me that we would have a problem with Ilya living onsite because then we would be out of rooms in the womens' side and Penka would not have a place to stay. I had to chuckle. I suppose that might be a typical response, it's not that person's fault, but I still had to chuckle... Ilya is a masculine Russian name. But in America we are accustomed to names denoting gender - in Russia, last names denote gender - Fiserov for a man, Fiserova for a woman (that may not be a fully Russian name, but it applies to this case). But we are accustomed to "a" at the end of a woman's name and an "o" or "e" at the end of a man's name. Although if your name ends in a consenant, then what?

Well. Where was I? Oh, yes, my week at work - I can say that, because I spent more time there than anywhere else! I put in longer than full days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday was work but a whole new way of torture! Don't - whatever you do - don't attend a seminar on OSHA! No matter what you need to know, there has to be a better way to do this. It was boring! OK, I know, OSHA is boring stuff to begin with. I get that. I so get that! But this... I have been to many seminars. Many of them were great - I'd say easily 90% - but there is the 8% that weren't great and then the deadly 2% of them that were killers. This was one. I had trouble staying awake the first two hours (and not just because of jet lag) and then of course after lunch... I guess everyone has that right after lunch. But this was just all the worse because of the presenter being almost as dull as the class!

It was an eight hour day... a really looooong eight hour day!

The rest of the days were not boring but two orientations and a ton of new hires do not an inspiring week make! It was just exhausting. Although I have to say it was an interesting week. There were a lot of other little tidbits in there that I can't post.

On Thursday night I was on call and very unhappy - we had a standby at the local carnival! Ugh. Luis was babysitting and I was relieved not to have anything to do with that. (I'm so not meant to do that) but I was surrounded by screaming kids! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Not fun.

Ooooo. 29 June sees the release of a movie - "Ratatouille" - another Pixar movie from the same guys who did "Finding Nemo", "Toy Story" and "Monsters, Inc."! I love Pixar movies! I think - no, I know - they did "Cars", also. I love those movies. I need to get "Toy Story" on DVD - it's the only one I'm missing. Yes, I have "The Incredibles", too.

Well, that was my week. Stimulating, to say the least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...