Season Finales Disappoint

I have seen most of my favourite show's season enders.

I was not happy. Not at all.

On Ugly Betty, her sister's fiance, also the father of her nephew, was killed at the end of the show. Her boss, the misguided but lovable Alex is in the throws of a drug overdose; but who knows how that turns out, because his sister/brother has had the car s/he is driving him to the hospital in booby trapped to kill her/his father... and it crashed. Betty is supposed to be saving her future boyfriend from marrying his cheating, conniving ex-girlfriend because she is pregnant; oy vey!

On CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Sara Sidle is stuffed under a crashed car as a form of revenge by a homocidal delusional woman who has been the miniature killer! So now I have to wait until September or October to find out how this ends?!

On Grey's Anatomy, Burke broke off his impending nuptials to Christina Yang; McDreamy told Meredith that he met another woman so she broke it off with him; no one got the Chief of Surgery position; Izzy is completely determined to ruin George's marriage to Callie (who wants to have a child); and Bailey was not given the Chief Resident spot! Now, I do like Callie (although having a child now would be a huge error!) and I don't doubt that she is capable of doing the job, but I think that Bailey is much better for that spot. So it all ended poorly.

Is there something about misery that people love? I hate it. I don't like feeling that way, and I really appreciate shows much more if I feel attached to the characters and feel sympathy and happiness for them. But it is hard to feel anything other than antipathy for producers or writers or whoever commits the characters to the consistently self-destructive path that they go down.

I'm feeling very anti-television right now.

It sucks that these shows that I like or normally like are miring me in this morass of bad-feeling. It is not fair to do this to people. Happy endings are not wrong and shows with normal people who have normal ups and downs are not a bad thing. Why does everyone who has a direct hand in the plotline feel that it is?

No more. It's just as well the season is over. I couldn't have taken any more of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...