Scottish Music Solves the Blues

The Maryland Renaissance Faire is the best for a number of reasons, not the least of which is due to them having the Scottish Rogues, the O'Danny Girls and a host of other music makers! I love them.



The O'Danny Girls are fun because of their lyrics and I highly enjoy their singing. It's all vocal - just singing. The Scottish Rogues are mostly music, no lyrics. Both are enjoyable, but for all-out happy footstomping fun, the Scottish Rogues are the best. Luis can't take it very much but I love it. It makes me happy and light up from the inside out - and seeing and hearing them live definitely brought out the joyousness I'd been missing.



After they played I found Nelson and told him I wanted to thank him. He was curious about that, and I explained that last year I'd first heard and seen them. I bought their CDs that were sold there and burned onto my iPod what I hadn't (Renee has all of their stuff). I told him that their music got me through this summer, which had been personally hard, with happiness and upbeat music.



For one moment I thought he was going to cry. He thanked me warmly, commiserated (he'd had a bad summer, too) and then gave me a big hug. It was... warm and personal. This guy doesn't know me from Adam (or should I say Eve) and didn't remember that last year he'd had his image taken with me and looked upon me as yet another lovesick woman who'd come to moon over him.
Perfectly understandable, since that is a curse of being frontman of any stage group. And he is very attractive, but I'm 40 years old, not 18. Attractive or not, I've got one man and more would be more work :)! Anyway, it was really very nice. Here is the image, which has three of the four players at the Faire (Randy is missing; I met him last year).



After that we wandered around and saw more of the vendors. I had a good day and spent over $200 in the space of three hours maybe. I got four belts (I really needed them), one mug with leaves (I really didn't need that...), the medallion in another image, a DVD of the Arial Angels, two CDs and I got my Tree of Life necklace repaired. Not bad - the necklace repair was free but I couldn't buy something else from him with Luis standing right there, watching. He hates it when I spend my money.



Yes, my money.



It was a really good day. And the most amazing thing of all... my back is feeling quite good!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Sounds like a really fun time!! Nice pictures. Especially of you and Luis. Didn't realize he got into dressing at the Faires. And you!! You're quite the sexy wench. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...