Ten Plastic Surgeries in One Day

If it were ten people, each of whom had one plastic surgery that day, I would shiver a bit and then leave it alone.

If it were something like having a mole or a birthmark that one did not like, I would not even shiver. I have had moles removed for health risk reasons, and I can certainly understand being self conscious about something right on one's face that either makes the owner uncomfortable about or that others ask about. OK, then this is the right thing to do.

I mean one person having ten totally ego-driven surgeries in ONE DAY.

My weekly sleaze, People Magazine, had in it as the main article a woman named Heidi Montag. I've never heard of her. Having now heard of her, I wish I hadn't. There is something really psychologically wrong with this woman. I am not a fan of my face and I know no one will offer me an opportunity to be in a movie or on the telly or certainly as a model. I have a Jay Leno chin (look at my drivers license or any image of me), a long face, etc. But as much as I don't look like a model it is my face and wouldn't be weird if I suddenly showed up with... some other face.

Well, this woman said that she had a Jay Leno chin (it was similar to mine), Dumbo ears, flat chested... the list was endless. They show her original face next to version 3.0 and you are looking at two different people: one real and smiling (because she could) and one stiff and fake (I'm guessing that the passe act of smiling is no longer possible). She has turned herself into a completely different person. That is just wrong.

She had:

1. Mini brow lift
2. Botox in forehead & frown area
3. Nose job revision
4. Fat injections in cheeks, nasolabial folds and lips
5. Chin reduction
6. Neck liposuction
7. Ears pinned back
8. Breast augmentation (again)
9. Liposuction on waist, hips, inner and out thighs
10. Buttock augmentation

What isn't sick about this? Breast augmentation is common enough, and we live in a society that definitely devalues women with very small or no breasts. Having not seen photos of Heidi's full body, I cannot comment to whether or not I personally agree that a breast augmentation was warranted or not. Having seen version 2.0's breasts, I absolutely would argue that a second augmentation (making them even bigger) was a waste. Now it looks like someone halved a basketball and stuck them on her chest. Awful.

She didn't tell her family because they weren't supportive. OK, this is a lose-lose for her. One, if you are hell-bent on doing this, then do it and tell them you don't want to hear it if it isn't positive. Two, they are going to see you or this article (whatever comes first) and figure it out. Especially when a stranger who used to be their family member shows up. I don't admire that at all.

Her husband did not want her to have all this work done. Apparently some thought he was pushing for this.

She plans to have more surgeries:

People Magazine: Does that mean, aside from your breasts, you're finished with plastic surgery?
Heidi: "I'm just starting. As you get older, there are so many different treatments--all the big celebrities get their spider veins removed. Let's just say there's a lot of maintenance. Nobody ages perfectly, so I plan to keep using surgery to make me as perfect as I can be. Because, for me, the surgery is so rewarding."

Yikes. I guess if she's happy not being human, then live it up. Or let one of the surgeries kill you, as that does happen. Either way, there is help for this kind of psychiatric problem!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...