If You Could Have Anyone...


...in the world, who would he or she be?

In the early 80s it had to be Harrison Ford. Everyone raved about Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) but I thought Han Solo was the hottest thing around. And he was. Harrison Ford is quite a bit older but still very good-looking.

But if I had my pick of the pack, I would have to spend time with Colin Firth. He is really charming, attractive and was wonderful in Bridget Jones' Diary and Shakespeare in Love, a movie to which I can recite the lines. I know he was a wanker in that movie, but still - what a wanker! And he's been in many other movies: he was in Valmont, which was no where near the quality that Dangerous Liaisons was, but Colin made the movie. As in was very good.

(Oh, yay... a call has gone but not to us!)

Mel Gibson was kinda hot... but not so much after finding that one, he is stupendously religious and two, a rabid practical joker. Practical jokes are never funny to me and I would hate meeting him. I have a super low opinion of people who pay practical jokes.

Antonio Banderas? Used to be hot, discovered he likes plastic women. No, off the list now. Alec Baldwin? Yes, in his younger years. Now, that doesn't mean that older men aren't on the list... but he did not turn into a "distinguished" man. Harrison Ford is 67 and except for the bad haircut, he's still hot. But Antonio and Alec are not getting better like fine wine (a subject I am totally unqualified to comment upon, since all wine tastes aweful to me).

Colin Firth is 49 and aging nicely.

Jonny Lee Miller is good looking and I knew I knew him from something other than Hackers and I did - it was the telly show Eli Stone! And he has definitely aged well. Of course he is 37, which isn't older (at least not older than me, who will be reaching the older but not wiser age of 42 on Tuesday. (I still prove every day that age clearly does NOT confer wisdom.)

Ralph Fiennes (pronounced Ray, I think) is also a very good looking man. It's hard to believe Joseph Fiennes (Shakespeare in Shakespeare in Love) is his brother, they don't look anything alike.

You know who else is hot? Alan Rickman! Maybe it is the bad guy thing, but I also loved him in Blow Dry. It's a British movie, and perfectly wonderful. He does make a terrific bad guy in the Harry Potter movies and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Not the best movie, but surely the best Sheriff of Nottingham.

And that concludes the hot guy list.

Comments

Amilya said…
Yeah it's "Rayf (or Rafe) Fines". Odd but hey, he and his brother are hot! From the photos I saw of their other brother (I think he's Joseph's twin?) he's pretty impressive too. I like your other choices as well! Call me odd, but I LOVE the way Colin Firth walks!

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...