Life in the slow lane of the unemployable, unworkable, disabled HR Manager/EMT.
Sunday, 21 April 2013
Sunday Stealing: The Unlucky 13 Meme
April 21, 2013
The Unlucky 13 Meme
Welcome back toSunday Stealingwhich originated onWTIT: The Blogauthored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.Let's go!!!
Today we ripped offa blogger namedAvery 11from her blogLa Vie Neuf.She states she grabbed it fromNakeisha. But it was probably stolen there as well. So, tracing back the thefts of those that we steal from could take a while. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Link back to us atSunday Stealing!
1. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/school/a day or night out? Not long. Twenty minutes for a shower; five to ten minutes to get dressed and put on watch, jewelry; five minutes to put together what I need in a bag. So a total of 35 minutes.
2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be? Oh, my. One question? Nay, I'd never be able to limit that.
3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up? School and the cruelty or the other kids. Children are horrible to each other; that is just a fact. What really made it terrible was the fact that the school employees could not bother themselves to do anything about it. I'm delighted to see that they are taking the heat for this now.
4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character? Oh, my. I would switch places for a day with Menolly from "Dragonsinger". I love that character so very much.
5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger? I wouldn't mind. We grow from knowing our flaws. Either one makes sense, although I'm not sure that all strangers would accurately pin my flaws down. Undoubtedly some would but not all.
6. Do you get jealous easily? If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most likely to be jealous of? I'm the last person on Earth to be jealous. I have long since gotten past that ugliest of emotions. I was dating a guy from my high school (after we'd graduated) named Sean. I was nuts about him but insanely jealous of anyone else even looking at him. I drove him away by engaging in this behaviour and I regretted it when he explained it to me. After that I worked hard to rid myself of that feeling and realised that it took far more effort to consider all women as y enemy than as my friends. I have never once looked back on that. I am so much happier for this. So I am not envious of anyone or anything.
7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now? Oh, definitely the one I was ten years ago. I'd tell her how much her life would change and what mistakes to fix ahead of time.
8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today? See Question 3. I was terribly bullied in the eighth grade when I started school in 1981 at the George Washington Middle School, by all the kids. I remember Lori Ziem so well - what a -- well. You get the idea. I'm sure she ended up in prison, the shit that she was. She was a stocky, bullying girl who looked like a Rikers inmate. She was one of many, but she didn't get a good life by treating me poorly. I laugh at her now. I'm content knowing I turned out very well. School was not my best time, and so I did not leave my best days behind in a school but went on to get better and better all along.
9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime? My one fear is arachnophobia. I hate it. But I very much doubt I will get past it. Still, that's fine. I'm not afraid of anything else.
10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to? Hmmmm. I'm not sure. I'm a very fussy eater.
11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they've done you or to seek forgiveness from someone that you've wronged in any way? It is not easy to do either, but I do both. There is nothing to be gained by being bitter in any way.
12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium? Nothing. I doubt we went out but celebrated it at home. We are not big fans of New Year's. If we did anything, we went to my parents' house.
13. What else around here have you noticed? Well... around where? The question is rather vague. But I did enjoy filling this out!