Now I'm Primary Crew

Six minutes ago I became the primary crew for the Sunday shift. Rats...

I got to take two calls last night as back up for the whole of Parsippany (Car 65 gets from the start of the Wetdown to 1300 the following day off). We had a run to Greystone (which I've been to all of six times, five of them in the last five or six months) and a run to a wedding reception at the Hilton (when's the last time you had cocktail hour at 2300? Unreal...). Two trips to Motown - and oh, hey! A drunk being wrestled to the ground right in front of us in front of Motown when we wanted to leave! (That was the highlight of all of this.)

After that, nothing happened. I mean, seriously, nothing happened. Most of the time I listen to 65 getting between three and five calls each night I'm on. Nothing... I would say I was grateful. We got home just after midnight, I think. And the pager made not a single sound, not even static, until 0730 this morning.

But now I'm no longer on back up and Sundays can be nutty. We shall see. It is 14 June and I've logged five runs. I don't think I can beat my May numbers... they're not in yet, but I know I've at least 16 or 17, which for me is a boatload of calls.

Holy cow... I see nothing but blue sky now! Time to go outside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...