When Did I Get This Fat?!

What would make me say that?

This!

If you are wondering who that is, it's me. How do I know? Well, that wretched painting made it onto the local Wayne HS channel in 1985 or 1986, because it somehow ended up there after an art show and no one knew whose it was. (I find that a bit hard to believe, as I am distinctive looking - not in a model or famous person type way, but just easily recognisable throughout the ages). This was when I was working on it in Mrs Hughes' art class. And how else do I know?

It's been a while, but I do remember life with just one chin. And normal, even (dare I think it) perky boobs. (We are dating ourselves now!) And the hair... I paid less attention to it then than now, hard to believe. I'm as indifferent as ever to fashion. I never made much of an attempt to care about it anyway.

Funny to see me that age. I looked happy there, and happiness in high school was fleeting, to grabbed at whenever possible. It's painful to recall those days, when I was unhappy more often than not. Now I'm happy most if not all the time. This is clearly a better way to be. So while I do lament over the past body, there are two things to be said:

1. I'd rather be fat and happy

2. No one did this to me but me! Stop whinging!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Ooh, I love this picture!
Hmmm.... you remind me of Molly Ringwold in that particular shot. Are you seeing that at all?? She was very cute but unique looking.

I had been going through some pics because of reconnecting with a few people from high school. A few of us posted some old photos. It was very strange indeed to see myself at a time when I weighed probably about 60 pounds less than I do now but thought I was so fat then.

While I agree to an extent that we do this to ourselves, I also know that family history doesn't help. I think back to what alot of the women in my family were like physically and feel a little doomed about the genetics stuff. Sure, liking pasta and chocolate doesn't help either. hah

Having two kids sorta wrecked the bod too. And perky?? What is that?? I have nooooo freaking idea anymore.

You were beautiful then and are beautiful now. We just have to find peace and happiness with all the changes that take place inside and outside of us. I think you're doing pretty well with all that.

Have a terrific weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...