Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: Yankee Doodle Dandy

Saturday 9: Yankee Doodle Dandy

1. What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren't in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.) I don't know what specific memory I have. I always do the Parsippany Township fireworks standby now, so I find that is enjoyable.

2. Do you consider yourself patriotic? In my own way, yes. I'm not one to give my allegence to a flag or other object but as a citizen of the United States and of the world, yes, I am patriotic. But I think it is important to view oneself as a citizen of the world first and foremost, as drawing lines between people is not always a positive.

3. Do you like fireworks? I do. I'm not crazy about people doing it in their backyards and playing with professional fireworks unwittingly - I think New Jersey is right to make it illegal for Joe person to play with dangerous things like that. But the professional ones are great.

4. What are your plans for this weekend? Lay in my hammock today, as it is the first sunny day in New Jersey. Go to the fireworks tonight on the 3rd rig. Do nothing tomorrow. Get prepared to return to work after an 11 day vacation!

5. Are you optimistic about the future? Always. Is there any other way to live?

6. Do you think everyone should serve in the military? No, I feel that only some people have the right mindset and personality to do that. I would be a terrible person for that. But I know many that are uniquely suited to do it.

7. Would you support a constitutional ban on flag burning? No. Freedom of speech is something that I support fully and as I stated earlier, my alliegence is not given to symbolism, but to the actual country/world.

8. What end of the political spectrum are you? Um, the stupid spectrum. I don't believe that politics and patriotism have a relationship to one another, since politicians don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.

9. Where do you get your news? Almost always from friends. But I also get People Magazine, so if it is in there, I'll get news there, too. I never watch or listen to any news stations or read the paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...