Something Freaky Going on Here...

I spent all day (well, a large chunk of it) in my hammock. I went out around 1030 and was in it until 1600. I went in to get bottles of water, go to the loo and at one point to get a snack, otherwise I finished reading The Demon Lord of Karanda and started The Sorceress of Darshiva, book four of The Malloreon by David Eddings. I'll have this series wrapped up by the weekend, I think. I don't get a lot of reading done during the workweek. But within my 11 days off, I began reading The Malloreon, his usual five-book trilogy (don't ask) and I have only one and seven/eighths left...

These are not little books with large print.

David gave me two books to read by S.M. Stirling, called Island in the Sea of Time and Dies the Fire, two in a series about how Nantucket Island disappears from present time to end up in 1250 B.C.E. (I don't do B.C. and A.D. because to me Jesus walking the earth should not change how time was kept. I go for "Before Common Era" and "Common Era". The B.C./A.D. thing is sheer screaming hubris of the Catholic church. Nope - not using it!) Tell me that does not sound completely amazing. That's the first book.

The second book, Dies the Fire, is how the rest of the world fares without Nantucket.

I can't wait...!

Oh, but that is off the track here. That is not the Freaky part (see title). No, what's freaky is that everytime I've come inside today, I had all sorts of trouble reading! Everything looks really blurry. When I went back outside, no problem. Now, I did this yesterday, too. I went to my hammock around 1230 and stayed there until 1630, when I had to get ready to do the standby with the rig at the Parsippany Fireworks. My eyes were fine. It was a bright, sunny day yesterday, although there were some big fluffy clouds to give a break whereas today was totally out of this summer's version of "ordinary" by not having a single cloud except for those formed by airplane contrails. The dome of the sky was completely unbroken and quite bright.

I also look like a lobster - just cooked!

But this thing with my eyes is a little weird. They are still not quite back to normal, either. Things look a lot less blurry than they did when I came in but it is 1758, and I've been in for almost two hours. I think it has to do with the dialation of my pupils, but I am not sure. They seem normal to me. But nearsighted people, like me, have blurry vision for distances because too much light gets into the eye (the focal point for me is before the light reaches the back of my eye). So maybe it is dialated too much and letting too much light in? I don't know. Alcohol does that - dialates the pupils a lot - but I don't drink. Most drugs, on the other hand, constrict the pupils, and people on most drugs have teeny little pinpoints for pupils... like that one person last night. *Shiver* That was really freaky. I shone that light in there and nothing happened... and the pupils were tiny, in a sea of very light colour.

I need to get my eyes examined anyway, it's been over two years. So this will be something to ask about. Freaky, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...