Exempt From "Do Not Call" List

Clearly, as with everything, there are exceptions. When I signed up for the "Do Not Call" list, I honestly and stupidly thought this meant that ALL of the abuse would stop. The local yokels, my credit card, other credit cards, surveys, political messages, the list is endless.

Apparently, it is not quite that endless. The PBA and every scammer operating under that and other police orders I have never heard of can still ring you up during the dinner hour. Surveys are exempt from that as well. And in the aftermath of an election that included the Mayor of Parsippany, it is painfully clear that in the interest of really pushing candidates down the voters' throats, they are entirely too exempt. Had they limited them to one call per household per week, I could live with that. But between the political surveyors and the "get out an vote" squads each candidate employed, my phone was ringing off the hook.

I voted last Tuesday night. I did my civic duty and felt... well... ambiguous as always... none of the choices are all that good. But I was satisfied that I had gone out to cast in my ballot, throw in my opinion. And what happened then?

FOUR MORE groups called us to get us to go out and VOTE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...