I Fell Behind!

Spring forward, fall behind.

I fell behind.

I cannot get my ass out of bed on time at all these days. Once the clock goes back, that is it. Case closed. Not that I won't recover, but the first week at work is baaaaaddd news. Why should this week be any different. Next year I will have four weeks added to Daylight Saving Time and I cannot wait for that! It will make it easier I think. (I hope!)

Normally, I go to bed at 2030 or so and then get up around 0425. I get in the shower, get dressed and then drive into work around 0530, arriving at close to 0600. No worries. Somehow when the clocks go forward and when they go backward, even though I still go to bed under the new time (the clock reads 2030 but in my heart/body/brain, I know it is either 2130 or 1930), I cannot get up! Not for a half hour or so. It has to do directly with suddenly seeing or not seeing light. I don't explain it - I can't - I just tell it like it is.

I manage my time well. Regardless of how weird it is at night, I still make sure to go to bed at the right time. But even so, it still sucks to get up in the morning with the wrong light polarity (so to speak) and try not to feel it. And so far this week, I'm 0 for 2.

Good luck. It has not worked thus far...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...