Working Again

It is really, really, completely wonderful to be working again. This is a totally different experience from all other places I have worked. I won't get into the total nitty gritty as usual - I have made it very clear from the get-go that there will be no details of the job that I am currently on, no discussion of anything that is confidential. No opinions, either. As stated previously, people have been terminated from jobs for less and I am not about to push that luck.

But generalised things are perfectly acceptable and this is mostly about how I feel about working, not about work or the people there. I will say that I am very happy - I really do enjoy the company of my coworkers a lot and find them to be intelligent, worthwhile people to know.

Most of my experience is in manufacturing. I love manufacturing - there is a lot to learn, not just the HR side (not that I don't know HR but how any given company likes to do things) but the technical side. I make it a high priority to get to know the business I am in - so I learned a lot about manufacturing memory modules (thank you, a million times, Osvaldo!), pharmaceuticals (thank you to the staff at PF Labs in Totowa) and the destruction side of the pharmaceutical business (thank you to Sue, Tina, John and Kris at USI, now SteriCycle). Now I am not in manufacturing and that is a whole new thing... this is a very different business, I guess you could say it is sort of the entertainment business, the dining/hotel business, and several other things - but totally new to me. And the people there are really very helpful in helping me acclimate to this - I am accustomed to a much more rigid way of handling things. This is not like any corporation I have ever worked for. Every day is a new adventure - and I love adventure!

I just love being Aislínge Kellogg, HR Manager (yes, quite the step up!) instead of Aislínge Kellogg, useless unemployed EMT who logs in a million calls and is a total whacker! I still log in more calls than I used to, say, a year ago. But I am not sitting around the house waiting for a call because I have nothing else to do.

It means the world to me!

Thank you, Elite Personnel - as always, you stand by me. And get me into great places!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...