I Have No Idea...

...what to write about. But I haven't written in a while, so I'm jonesing. Isn't that funny? I suppose there are a million things that people jones over. Drugs, alcohol, sex, whatever, pick your poison. My poison? Communicating! Writing - both physically and mentally and psychologically satisfying! That makes me weird, right? Well. I could be a drug addict. I hate swalling pills and quite frankly, while needles don't bother me, I need not be on the receiving end of them. I prefer to watch the medics putting them into other people. (Yes, that is weird!)

I could be an alcoholic, but as you can see from a posting in February, I have already discovered that drinking - especially when upset - is completely ineffective - for most people it makes things worse, but since everything is right there on the surface with me (and I choose to be that way), there is no more severity from drinking. But it doesn't make happy person pop back out when things are down.



Sex. Well, I love sex. I love it a lot and if the right person asks who am I to say nay? (I do with effort, but admittedly, the right person rarely asks! I seem to be surrounded by them, but they have better taste... I'm not all that and a bag of chips. I am not being self-depracating, it just is what it is. I am not a stunning woman... and there is a whole lotta woman here. I don't love being fat, but for the most part, it is what it is. I know that is not a good attitude. I will get into yoga again. I go through phases to attempt to lose weight. But food is not my best area. Besides being totally fussy (ask the chefs at work or either one of my despairing chef-caliber fathers) I'm afflicted with a love of pizza and other junk foods. And sugar - easily my biggest downfall.



Wasn't I talking about sex?



OK, I could be a marathon sex nut who is doing everything that is moving, but that isn't me. While I admit that there are some people that I would struggle to say no to, there aren't that many - maybe two or three. And none of the three are offering and Luis' drive is quite substantial with his weight loss, now. I think that the whole marathon sex thing could be fun, but that is really not a good path to go own and I highly doubt that it is healthy. It certainly won't bode for a long life.



So instead of druge, sex and alcohol, I have music, I have writing, I have so many books that I absolutely must live another 80 years to read them all (and is there something that makes you think I will cease buying them? Come on, now!), my amazing pen collection and my laptop - which affords me the opportunity to really communicate no matter where I am. Life IS good!



I got my review at work, and I was terrified and rightly so. But as always fairness wins out in the end with this place. It was a completely accurate, completely on-target review. I am not the gods' gift to all that I do (unlike Luis who seems to really be able to do it all and do it all well - do you know how hard it is to live with that?) but I am not, by any means, awful. I have areas that need improvement. Big surprise, right? (That would be sarcasm.) I have areas where excel - I even have one 5 (laugh if you want, but I am rarely ever inclined to give out fives - if I live by my rules, I die by them, too!). I was not over the moon but I was... if that makes sense. I am working hard to correct those areas that need improvement. But it was surprising how hard I am on myself - more so than almost anyone else.



I work with great people, though. No denying that.



I am currently planning a trip to the Bay of Fundy! I have always wanted to go there and see this phenomenon. The Bay of Fundy is just designed perfectly so that the tide comes racing in at some unbelievable speed... let me see... OK, maybe it is not the speed - but the variation in tide heights. The basin holds 12 meters of water and goes from .09m at low tide to 12.0m at the high! Wow. And if it is neap tide, just imagine how wacky that would be! I was thinking of a four day trip - see Nova Scotia, maybe New Brunswick - northern Maine might be a little far to manage. I was originally thinking maybe May, but now I am thinking June or so - it may not be very warm there in May.



OK, where else could I go? A flight to Nova Scotia is short - 2 hours - but maybe it is a little expensive. It is just under $400. And the bed and breakfast was good at $130 a night. If I travel, I am going to do it right - B&B all the way!



I'm looking at June flights to Manchester, England... Youch! $638 for a flight in June. Ye gods! I'm looking at August now but really, this is not when I want vacation. Let's see... Oops - worse... $783. Definitely pricey!



Dallas, Texas? Haven't seen Smells in a long time, since she was very early in her pregnancy. Oh! Wow! That is $266 for a six day trip - yahoo! Let me see something... It's a little cheaper to return on Friday, not Sunday... And Palm Springs, CA? Oh! The same as Dallas! Damn! I wonder what a B&B costs there...?



Ooooooo, Iceland! Let me see... Oh... come on... Yikes! $1,041 gets me a change over in Boston and into Rekyavik the next day! AAAAAAAAAAAAA! OK, forget that! Let me see... West coast again... Seattle, Washington. I need to see a volcano, somewhere! Damn! Wahoo - $274! Oh, I may have to do that! See the West Coast for six days - I can so do that! Let me see what B&Bs they have.



Oh, wow! $432 to go to Cheyenne, Wyoming! I'm sure that this is close to the Yellowstone National Park. I really want to go there. See the geysers, see the lake that is moving from the magma pool expanding beneath - Yow! I'm flooded with options! What do I do? Where should I go?! Gotta go somewhere!



So many choices!



I'm very confused right now. Well, I'm not confused, but my body is. It is a simple thing to change the clocks, go forward one hour. It certainly looks nice! I leave work and there is not much tied up in traffic. Clearly daylight makes a difference in travel. I know what happens when the clocks go back - accidents become more prevalent, and back logs get crazy. It is very obvious to me that daylight makes for better driving. Not that I did not think that - but I'm not a lover of driving home in the dark... I really dislike it. I really, really dislike it when it is dark and raining. Then the visibility is so poor. I feel like I'm old before my time, but I think I'm just more honest about it.





So now I wake up in the dark - which I was doing before. But I'm also driving in the total darkness - something that was not happening before. The sun was rising when I was on Route 24 East - it was gorgeous and the sun looked lovely. Now I'm getting in while there is total darkness and it is weird. And now I leave work later because my darkness barometer is wrong now. Not to mention that it is dark a lot later so it is confusing as to what time it is - it is bright outside much later. I think most people have troubke with this, but most won't admit it. I had enough trouble with it at the right times - early April, and late Ocotober. Now it is still March and the daylight is all off kilter. So is the weather - it was 80+ degrees today!





Wow.





One last thing. Florida was amazing and here is the beach!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...