Springing Forward Did NOT Get Easier!

OK. The one and only thing that George W. did right and it still is not any easier.

The clocks went back on Saturday night (let's be honest, here. I am not getting my ass outa bed at 0200 to set the clocks back! Does anyone?). I got up Sunday morning and the daylight was gone - poof! Just like that. Well, OK. I did end up going back to bed and getting a bit more sleep, but that is not often unusual with me. I wake up fairly close to my normal waking time but on weekends, I go to bed later. It is confusing.

As if that wasn't confusing enough, the clocks went back three weeks earlier, so all the normal weirdnesses that go along with April's time change weren't there. They were weirdnesses I'd never dealt with. The times that usually go with the bi-annual time changes were all off. It was weird... I just don't know how I did not figure that. 21 days in terms of lengthening days can see a lot of change. Apparently they did - or didn't. The sun was not as far along as it normally is. I'm guessing at the end of the season - delayed by one week - it will make so little difference as to be unremarkable from the normal insanity and lateness that October's - now November's - clock revision brings.

So much for easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...