"Mr. President, We have News..."

"...you won New Hampshire."

Ah, reruns of The West Wing never get old. I was delighted when President Bartlett won. I would vote for him in a heartbeat. I always say that, but it is worth it to say that, to even get to say that!

President Obama is better than the sound of President McCain (although it is hard to admit that an Scottish name isn't good). However, as bad as President McCain would have been, Vice President (as in if-this-guy-drops-dead,-then-I'm-Commander-in-Chief-of-the-free-world), Palin would have scared the crap out of me! I'm still hoping President Obama will do something workable, like stop giving tax rebates (the money's gotta come from somewhere), raping the wealthy (odd to think I married well, but I did), and pushing for EFCA (shiver).

On the other hand, I did not vote for an American African President. I did not vote for any colour, I voted for a person - the best person presented - for the job. And if I was American African, I'd be offended. He did not win or lose based on ethnicity and he is hardly what I'd call American African! He may sort of look swarthy, but he's the President, and that is all that is on the table.

President Bartlett could speak and speak well. And he was super-smart and I definitely voted in favour of brains! I haven't seen the brains that did the great speaking. I'm holding on to the idea that this is just the very start of four years and he may work out something really amazing. We'll see.

President Bush, on the other hand, was a complete idiot in terms of speaking. Noo-cyu-lar. Yikes. I'm sure that came out during the first four years of his predency and somehow, shockingly, he made it in for a second go-round.

This... is a mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...