Another SURVEY!

Someone had put this on their blog and I came across it while looking at EMT blogs. Here it is, with my answers in it:

Happy New Year Survey:

01. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I ran six calls myself with only a driver from Rescue & Recovery (a million thanks to John from Car 69!)

02. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Resolutions are goals that no one reaches. The answer is no. I won't do it this year, either!

03. Did someone close to you give birth?
Yes! My very close friends had a baby boy; a good co-worker also had a baby boy.

04. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Lee McCombs from a company I worked for. We worked together and he was magickal. He is in one of my posts.

05. What countries did you visit?
This year? None that would be counted as such by others; I did go to Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont for the first time (I have now been to all of New England) and trust me, they are indeed other countries! (In a good way!)

06. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More confidence on calls and more practice backing that wretched rig up.

07. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Working for Givaudan and all that happened there. Lee was my new best friend and cancer took him away.

And many other things. My first young fatality - well, not the dead person but the survivor.

My father telling me that he is looking into permanent disability.

Many other things.

08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Every patient I help is an achievement. Every day alive is an achievement. Every thing I do is an achievement. Or a learning experience or both. To give a specific example? Wow. Let me think...

Getting my CEVO certification and clearance to drive the rigs.

What was your biggest failure(s)?
Not getting the position at Givaudan.

Every disagreement with my husband.

Spending money as fast as I get it! That's an ongoing issue. It is still a failure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I have limb-girdle muscular distrophy. I get injured all the time!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
HOLY SHIT! You are talking to a rabid money-spender! In 2002 I would have answered our house. In 2004, I would have answered my car! (A 2001 Acura CL Type S. Gotta love it!) This year... I have no idea... let me think. OK! I have it!

All four seasons of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tom Filliman. He really stepped up and has been amazing as a parent.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A crewmate who I put in a written complaint about. He and I sat with the Captain and it was the most acrimonious meeting. He said all kinds of horrible things to try to hurt me. He sounded like a petulant 5-year-old who wasn't getting his way. The only positive thing was that he lied so outrageously that while I felt depressed about it, I did not feel hurt.

14. Where did most of your money go?
(Not in any order) Sensa pens, writing paper, EMT stuff, CDs, DVDs, books.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The possibility of not being a temp and being hired by not one but two companies (Givaudan in June and now my current assignment. I still don't know, though!

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
"Square One", "White Shadows", "Talk", "The Speed of Sound" and "Suffer Well".

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened?
Both. I cannot become one without the other.

ii. fatter or thinner?
Hard to say - roughly the same.

iii. richer or poorer?
Oh, absolutely richer. As broke as I am, USI paid me nothing - I am earning more now.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More sex! As much as I got (and it was a lot) I still want MORE!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Agonising about my employment status.
Spending.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
What, in 2006? Haven't gotten that far. Christmas Eve is always with my mother's family; Chrismtas Day with my parents and John and Safia.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Sure I did. With my beloved husband - again.

23. How many one-night stands?
None, unfortunately. I would love to have sex with someone, no strings, for one night. I wonder if Antonio Banderas is available...?

24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI: Las Vegas.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
There are very, very few people I truly hate. It isn't healthy.

If I had to name one, it would be George W. Bush. What an idiot.

26. What was the best book you read?
Good gods on a bicycle. Do you know how many books I read in a year? No idea.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Coldplay!

28. What did you want and get?
Clearance to drive the rigs!

29. What did you want and not get?
A permanent job! Were you not paying attention?!

30. Favorite film of this year?
None. I saw two movies: "The Fantastic Four" - utter garbage! And Harry Potter's latest. It was OK. Give me the books any time. I hate to disappoint. I have none.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37, on 26 January. I believe we went out for dinner at the Garlic Rose. The after-dinner lovemaking was wonderful!

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
This again? Permanent WORK!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Ecclectic. Odd. Unusual. Sexual. Artist-y. Not the norm.

34. What kept you sane?
Writing to all my overseas and out of state penfriends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy as in "wouldn't it be nice if he showed up at my house with just ribbon tied smartly around his waist, wanting me?" Antonio Banderas; Brendan Fraser; a local cop I am working with.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
None. I pay so little attention to politics.

37. Who do you miss?
I miss my Pop-pop. I miss Steve Sudol terribly. I miss Talon heaps. I miss Lee - all the time.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Lee. He was incredible. I think of him every day.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Well, sometines life gives us lessons sent in rediculous packaging.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they're talking it to me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...