The ONE Disadvantage...

How is this for irony? I have actually discovered the one disadvantage to not having children!

It is not a huge thing and really falls into the category of nuisance issues. It is a nuisance. It is one of those "don't sweat the small stuff" things that really is easy enough to live with and doesn't huge impact my life in some enormously negative way. It is rather just... distracting.

Because I have no children and the reason we formed out of the protoplasm with the sole purpose of procreating, around the time I was reaching my 35th birthday, my body threw the hormones into overdrive. Now, let's be honest, here. I have never had anything less than a healthy sex drive and some might say too healthy. When this started, though, it made me ask my doctor if there was something hormonally wrong with me! Suddenly I was completely preoccupied with sex! I was horny all the time. I would come home from work and tell Luis to come to bed. After a month of this he began to say no... even he has his limit! I have toys around for the times he is on the road or I'm just too randy to wait! Everyone I see looks pretty good - well, not really, but I am noticing men more - as if that was possible.

I am still this way, even worse! I will be sitting in traffic and suddenly remembering some amazing encounter and the seat will be flooded. I'll be sitting at work, concentrating on what ever it is I am working on and suddenly I will have a strikingly clear memory of some round of sex and that is it for the concentration! It is a huge nuisance then! Sometimes I can't focus on what one of my former crewmates is saying because I always found him attractive and I'm suddenly imagining what it would be like if he would take me right there! Tell me that is not distracting!

And me being me, I will say the most openly outrageous things to people I am comfortable with. I had one of my coworkers turning the most amazing shade of red, ever. I can't remember the last time I shocked someone that badly. He may be scarred for life now (although he still seems to like talking to me!) - but I have an interest in that particular individual so there you are - I'm distracted anyway! (He can't help it - I find him very attractive.)

So there it is. The ONE and only teeny-weeny disadvantage to not having kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...