More Great Contact!

People are wonderful and so is human contact!

Someone at work was walking by me and as he passed, reached out and touched my face. Just a gentle, reassuring, nice touch. It was the most delightful thing, and it made me happy. Deleriously happy. This is love. People who work well together, enjoy working together, feel comfortable and happy and want to be warm and fuzzy. I don't mean stressful, romantic love. I mean just regular, unstressful love; love the way it should be but no one seems to feel.

Does that make sense?

I'm in love with Luis. It is a wonderful warm rewarding relationship and it takes work and effort and the rewards are obviously well worth it. But romantic love (or sexual love or however you want to phrase it) is a working thing and requires a lot of effort. Friendship love, just love (not to say just as though to downplay it but to take out that element of stress) is so different. And this was just a plain, very simple, loving gesture that did more for me than all the sympathetic words in the world could do. How do you describe that? I call that love.

Luis has proven this week and half past what love can do, as well. He stayed with my mother as much as I did. He stayed with me all last night at Morristown Memorial, giving up a steak dinner. (We always will joke about this but I know that he missed going - and trust me, he did not at all try to make this a guilt thing. I told him to go to the dinner but he insisted in staying with me.) For Luis this was an easy thing to stay by my side.

But this post is not about Luis. It's just about what one little touch can do for one person.

Oh! And a compliment! Did I tell you about the compliment? I was floating on air!

I went to the Rite Aid to pick up a prescription and just as I always do, I said, "For Kellogg, like the Corn Flakes." People always laugh at that. The young woman picked out the right hanging package (they have a very good filing system there) and then said, "We were talking about your name the other day. We all think it is the most beautiful name we have ever seen." I was blown away. I can't remember anyone saying anything so lovely in a long time! I have people tell me it is a beautiful name all the time, but wow! It was uplifting, it really was.

Sigh! A perfect day, really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...