A Weekend At the Hospital with Mom

07.08.2006; 23:36

Not exactly how I'd planned out my weekend. Lazy moments in the hammock; cleaning up the house; relaxing and reading whatever favourite book I'm into; listening to music, a super-important item in my life. Some down time and some (chuckle) up-time with my main man... However, as I like to say often, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans..."

My mother was having some... difficulties on Friday evening. Apparently she had two minor siezures that evening and did not mention it to Ray until after the first one passed, saying he should bring her to Morristown Memorial. While I would admittedly feel a lot better about her being in Mo'town's care rather than Chilton's, the Wayne FAS was not about to endure a trip to Mo'town, that far out of the way. And after she had a fairly bad seizure in the rig, well, she felt better about me directing Ray to call 9-1-1.

Luis and I threw on clothes (what are you thinking? Do these things ever happen at 1400? No. It is 2130... it's already mostly dark out. Really. I could live with these impromptu hospital sojourns if they started at 1000 and ended at 1500...

We both showed up ahead of her - Luis and me first, then Ray. When showed up I figured that she'd beten us all there and went in to find out where she is. In the midt of all this confusion, an ambulance with lights on shows up - Wayne! That was when I realised that the local paramedics must have come. She was very happy to see me waiting by the ER entrance to the hospital and waved, so it seemed that she was OK, or looked OK.

7.13.2006; 13:57

I'm getting ready to go to bed. I need to sleep before going to the hospital again and then being on call later. I'm getting very little sleep these days. I will finish this tale soon enough, but for now, she seems to be doing well and is not terribly unhappy being in the hospital. They have not truly narrowed down the cause (I was told she has a "grey spot on the brain" but I want medical terms), so the seizures are really mild but still, I think, trying to happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...