Some Newer, Cooler Photos!


Finally! Blogger loves me again and is allowing me to upload photos! I took this yesterday at the Balloon Festival in southwestern New Jersey. It was wonderful! There is a posting in progress about this but it will be a while in the making and some of these photos really should not be passed up or left waiting until I find the vast amounts of free-time needed to finish that Ash-type, detail-filled posting!

This shot was taken on the way to work. Route 24 (not unlike CR-517 in Sussex County) has little pockets where the condensation of a cool night collects after a warm or hot day. I love the way that looks and so I snapped while zipping down the road at 0545 to work. Doesn't sound particularly safe, I know. But the shot was well worth it!

My mother and Ray, taken at Chilton, hospital trip #1... circa 14 July or so. She'd managed to talk the staff into letting her take a shower. It's just a really cute picture, I think.

I think anyone who has been to my blog will know which one is me. The other happy person is Vana Bris-Bois, a former colleague and now friend from USI. She has her own HR consulting firm in Winston-Salem and I was sent to the SHRM conference in Washington DC (which is actually her fault, but I need not mention that to KVP! ha, ha), so we got to meet up and take a divide and conquer approach to the many, many sessions offered there. She's wonderful. She has a great sense of humour. And between the two of us, the book we could write with HR stories!

I am happier to say I look quite a bit better now than I did there! I've lost quite a lot of weight in July, after all the hospital crap, and I eat less now! I'm down 20lbs. Can you believe it? From 190 to 170 - yes, I know, 170 is not thin by any means, but still! I'd be thrilled if I could get to 140, but short-range (maybe by September) I'm thinking 160. One step at a time, and no more by stressing out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...