Don't Panic

Oh, we're sinking like stones
All that we fall for
All those places we've grown
All of us are done for

We live in a beautiful world,
Every day, every day,
We live in a beautiful world

Oh, we're sinking like stones
All that we fall for
Homes, places we've grown
All of us are done for

We live in a beautiful world,
Yeah, we do, yeah, we do,
We live in a beautiful world.

Oh, all that I know,
There's nothing here to run from,
And there, everybody here's
Got somebody to lean on.

I love this song. This may have to be a month of song lyrics, as there are so many songs that reflect great things, that I identify with, that mean a lot to me or remind of someone. There will be a lot of U2, Coldplay and Depeche Mode lyrics in there. They are some of my top favourite groups with things to say that are worth listening to. For me...

This is short song, but it says a lot that I agree with. It is a beautiful world. I once, when I first had my blog, wrote a post about living in the world, not on it. Seeing the beauty in the world is living in it. If you live on it, or don't live, don't experience things, how can you see the beauty of it? You cannot. You need to be in the world, part of it. Involved, feeling. Otherwise, it is flat and featureless. Not the world I love and live in.

There are people at work, Kevin, Jason, Jason, Mitch, and many others, that no matter what they come to me for, they bring out a big smile on my face each time I see them after the weekend. These are people that make me feel happy and that I appreciate. Kevin teases me. Jason makes terrible jokes. Jason always has something wonderful to say. Mitch... well, I just have a special spot for him. He makes me laugh and see the weaknesses and the strengths and I need that perspective.

All of us are done for - at some point. But it's OK. I expect to live out as much as I can and then my time will come. But in my time there are people to lean on. People to lean on, depend on, bring me back to the beauty when I do stop seeing it.

We live in a beautiful world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...