The Ocean

A picture in grey
Dorian Gray
Just me by the sea

And I felt like a star
I felt the world could go far
If they listened
To what I said

Washes my feet
Washed the feet
Splashes the soul of my shoes

This song is special to me for a number of reasons. I love the ocean greatly, and understand the allure of it. I feel many things when I am walking along the shore and the waves wash my feet and splash the souls of my shoes. (Yes, I do realise that "souls" isn't spelled correctly for the usage, but Bono wrote it that way and not because he can't spell - as far as I know. Another reason why this song is special to me. I may not buy into God the way most people do but I do think that people and animals have souls. Or personality, or karma, or whatever you want to call it.) I love the meaning behind the lyrics, or at least how I'm interpreting them.


Another special song to add to the pantheon of songs I love, and this time it is not a Coldplay tune!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...