October

October



And the trees are stripped bare
Of all they wear
What do I care



October



And kingdoms rise
And kingdoms fall
But you go on...
and on...



I always loved this song, even before I loved the month of October. I'm envious of my father for having a birthday in October. I have never been crazy about having my birthday in the dead of winter. I don't mind it being in January, I just mind that it is in the winter. If I'd been growing up in Australia or New Zealand, it would have been wonderful to have it in January, as that is the summer for there!



Now that I love October so much, this is just that much more fitting. The leaves, the weather, the perfection of crisp, cool air and electric blue skies and the swirling breezes that bring the brightly painted leaves down to the ground are incredible. The sights, the sounds, the odors all delight the senses. I will always love the colours and brilliance that is the middle month of autumn. The most wonderful time of the year is October, when the leaves haven't really been all stripped from their home trees and the air is full of the delightful odor of what smells like burning leaves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...