How Funny...

Apparently... Your Result: Wesley from "The Princess Bride"

He is my movie soulmate. I have to admit I am amused by that. I always did love that movie and especially his character. So I think, for once, one of these weird little things got the right answer!

Just another interesting facet of Facebook.

Facebook is a strange thing. It works, and I have found people from the far reaches of the past... mostly, I must say, in good ways. I hear from people that I hadn't thought of in years, that I had forgotten where I knew them from (isn't that awful? It is - but my memory is pretty awful), that I never thought I would find or hear from. Wow! And while I have some really heinous, terrible memories of school in general and the eighth grade in particular, I have become "friends" with many more people than I'd've thought possible. Who knew?

Admittedly, few of them actually have anything to say to me specifically. I'm surprised at how few people really use it and all that it has to offer (aside from the dopey questionnaires and such. It is a very good tool for finding most (if not all) of the younger generation - they all live online. I'm 40 and I admittedly live online, too, but they make me look like a piker. But when I need to find them for anything, BOING, there they are!

Not bad. Too bad they allow such horrendous advertisers... I guess that is the poison pill we all take as part of this. Such things as Aciai Berry blend that is Opra's secret to staying slim. How delightful for Oprah. I am not Oprah, and I am not interested in being Oprah or emulating her. I have no particular beef with her or what she has done in any way, but my physiology and hers are not the same. Maybe this is the cure for me and my fat self, but I'm not buying it.

And there is Rachel Ray's Flat Belly Diet. Who is Rachel Ray? Who is to say that she isn't in that small percentage that is fortunate to have a flat belly? Again, not buying. On the other hand, maybe her diet is a far cry better than the green tea diet that is also heavily marketed on Facebook, another truly absymal marketing strategy. There are a lot of gullible people who might do this... and there is no way that just drinking green tea is a good idea.

Well, the bad with the good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...