The First Day of December 2008

November is gone, just like that. Welcome December. Where did the time go?

Time is the most amazing commodity we have. It cannot be saved or held, but it is still the best thing to have. On occasion, one has "too much time" on his or her hands. And yet, what do we gripe about most? Not having enough time.

But time is like everything else. It is what you make of it. Make the most of it, then. Maybe I am flaky and crazy, but at least I enjoy every minute of it. I'm a happy smiling person and time is my friend. I make the best of it all.

So today was the first day of the week and the month, the last month of 2008. The year has had its high and low points. But at the end of the day, it is the high points that make the low ones bearable. The bad with the good.

I started my day at 0444, sharp. Up and out of bed; showered and dressed by 0530, on my way to work by 0544. I love that I can get ready in one hour. I'm always amazed that women take so long to get ready to leave the house. Talk about wasting time...

I arrived at work just a couple of minutes after 0600 and got into my office, set myself up for the day and after a brief conversation with a coworker (I make his head hurt, but I have fun doing so!), began working on the payroll. It might have gone smoothly, but moments after I submitted it as completed, one of the managers called me to inform me of a change. I called Ceridian and they pulled the payroll and put it back into Edit mode. I made the adjustments and they pushed it through with the two errors. Duh.

I was there until past 1620 to resolve this. But I got so much done and managed to clean up a plethora of other items that needed addressing. It is a good feeling. I'm happy. I have a good feeling about this week and this month. I can't remember the last time before the late spring when I felt this good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...