Happy Boxing Day!

26 December 2008
09:31

I am enjoying my quiet day off from work and holiday recovery. It was not terrible, but it was quite hectic and a little detox, a little downtime will really do wonders for me.

I have a small to do list:

-- Put away gifts
-- Finish laundry
-- Reorganise the pantry by the fridge
-- Return/exchange duplicate gifts from Amazon
-- Look up a couple of candle fragrances and a large sheep on e-bay
-- Call Sears about the garage door
-- Possibly (if it is not too crazy) go to Macy's and Best Buy to do some other duplicate returns/exchanges
-- Get to Fortunoff's for one last gift

I don't have to do it all today, either. Some of it can be done over the phone; some by Internet, some I have to suck it up and go out. We shall see.

1733

Well, Tom and I were successful in some endeavours. We picked up fire wood, went to a KayBee toy store closing soon, had lunch at Panera's, and then stopped at Fortunoff's, where'd I'd hoped to pick up a turntable converter for Tom for Christmas. Unfortunately, they were out when I went there. So it has to wait until new ones come in.

I did return one book and one DVD to Amazon, and Luis will get a credit, but maybe he will let me buy something else. I need to wrap the hand lotion to give to Alayna (it was a gift from Luis Sr. whi still hasn't figured out that I don't use hand lotion. But Alayna LOVES it and the presentation is nice.

I found the large sheep on ebay, and sent a message to the seller to see if I can bring down the price a bit. And hey! She did, I'm getting my mondo-cheep! Luis will be delighted, ha, ha! But I really, really wanted one... I struck out with the candle fragrances, though. I guess I will hold off on burning these a little while longer. I have two very, very old fragrances from Illuminations: Grapefruit Rosemary and Mint Currant Ginger. I guess normal people who'd had them - as a gift or as a weird impulse buy - threw them away thinking that no one'd want them. Now we have e-bay, but it appears that no one there has them.

Well, that is enough for this post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...