More Memes - Think They are About the Holidays?

Thursday, 11 December
3x Thursday: 12/11/y2k+8:
Has It Ever Occured To You That...
1. Do you think that if more people in this world got laid on a regular basis (what a regular basis is, is up to you!), there might be less generally unhappy people? Why/why not?

Absolutely! I am on board with that one hundred percent! And not just because having the Big-O is great, but because the genders to some degree and people specifically are so out of whack with each other. Men in general want a more frequent and steady sexlife but women aren't as into it - expecially those with children. This creates a lot of problems... how many couples are not faithful? How many people (not just men by any stretch) stray? If we are all getting a little somethin'-somethin', maybe this kind of problem would not be so prevalent. And who wouldn't be smiling (and just a little weak-kneed) with a steady diet of sex and orgasms?

2. Do you think there are just some people on this planet that will never *ever* be happy? If so, why? If not, why not?

Sadly, yes. They do it to themselves. And they sometimes have it inflicted on themselves. I have heard people say that this life is misery to get to the afterlife. What a horrendous thing to teach anyone! What is life without joy? I knew and know a lot of people like that. How dull to go through life that way.

3. Do you think that to force people to change their ideas about a system of how something works (say, the energy industry), it has to totally collapse before that change can happen? Why/why not?

Well, human beings are one of the hardest to teach things to, so I would have to agree that catastrophy comes before knowledge. Greed always wins over knowledge. Frighteningly it is proven time and again. I hope not to live through anything like that, but it is evident that crazy things happen are allowed, sometimes encouraged, to go on. We can be terribly disappointing that way. But there are always those few that see past the greed and the idiocy.

Friday, 12 December 2008
Q1 - Smokin': What do you think of President-elect Barak Obama's decision to smoke cigarettes... Who cares, it doesn't affect his ability to lead; I care because kids will smoke as a result of his example; it bothers me, but as long as he does it in private, I'm okay with it; something else?

What, he just started NOW? Well... that would be dopey. If he has smoked all along, then so what? That may not be the wisest thing in the world, but if he's been doing it along and he's addicted, well, that is hardly newsworthy. Plenty of Presidents do/did bad things. Ulessys Grant drank like a fish. Taft was enormously overweight. They all seem to be misplacing their genitals - oops, how did that get there? Now we are going to hang the man for smoking? That seems a little odd.

Q2 - Books: Did you read any memorable books this year/books you'd recommend reading?

Wow. You don't ask small things, do you? I did read memorable books this year, as I do every year. I am reading Watership Down for the first time. I have seen the movie a gazillion times, but not read the book. I also read The 19th Wife, which was an excellent read. I thoroughly enjoyed The Lives of the Planets and A Distant Mirror: The Calamatous 14th Century (I'm still working on it, but it is not disappointing in the least). The list of books I've read this year is long - maybe not as long as past years, but still long. I read a lot!

Q3 - Take Notice: What do you think people tend to notice about you? Related... Is there something else you wish they'd notice instead?

They notice my smile - and oddly enough, not because it is awful (it is, no argument there!) but because it is big, bright, warm, friendly and genuine. I have had countless people tell me that. I find it staggering but I keep reading that the best way to take a compliment is to say, "Thank you" and not argue. So I try to keep that in mind. I find it amazing.

What would I rather they'd notice? Well... what is better than hearing that I have a beautiful smile? Why ask for something else? Why ask for more?

Q4 - Winter 2008/2009 Movies: Australia, Four Christmases, The Transporter 3, Nobel Son, Frost/Nixon, Punisher: War Zone, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Milk, Defiance, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man, Bedtime Stories, The Reader, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Hurricane Season, Marley & Me, Will Eisner's The Spirit, Revolutionary Road, Nothing Like the Holidays, Seven Pounds, Valkyrie, Bride Wars, Possession, The Unborn, The Brothers Bloom, Notorious, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, He's Just Not That Into You, Pink Panther 2, Push, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience... which movies are you most looking forward to watching this winter?

Uh, good gods above. What is with all these movies? Out of them I susect three will be worth anything. I would like to see The Tale of Despereaux, but unless I find a theater without a single kid in it, I will await its release on DVD. I prefer my house to the theater anyway! Looking at the rest... I'm wondering about The Curious Case of Benjamin Button but I would like to know about the story line before I commit to it. The rest I may never ever see. I won't lose any sleep over it.
I guess I was wrong - none of them focussed on the holidays. Give it time. There is still this week. OK... time to wrap gifts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...