XXI Olympics - Catching Up Slowly

I'm up to Womens Downhill track with Stacy Cook flying down the mountain (recorded on Thursday, 18 February). This woman is not... um... well... I don't want to say unlucky, but I can't help but wonder if she is a monumental klutz (I am, so there is nothing wrong with that) or unlucky or just has issues that no one's guessed at.

She has suffered more than one serious fall skiing, which I would imagine is endemic of the sport, ut then she sliced her thumb open while trying to open a bottle of alcohol (I can't recall if it was wine or bubbly). I'm guessing there are more accidents or incidents. I don't know. I walk into things, trip over my own feet and hate ice. I know I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to locomotion. I'm not sure if this skier has hit upon this knowledge.

I'm wondering if she has the beginning signs of muscular dystrophy, or worse, multiple sclerosis... That may sound really harsh and I certainly don't wish either condition or any condition on anyone, but that was how I figured out that something was not right with me - I was getting very klutzy and doing dopey things like tripping up the stairs in my house.

I'm not normally a big fan of the regular downhill racing... oops, the woman just racing (Maragetti?) lost both skis and flew down a large portion of the track on her face... yikes. Now, that makes the downhill a bit more interesting (sorry, folks). But this is not really my speed, so I am going to speed this along and find something more enjoyable.

(I do love this but between all the filler about different people and the constant adverts, the four hours recorded might really be under two hours of actual Olympic athletes competing! That is a little frustrating.)

Ah, mens speed skating relay races! This is so confusing to watch... there appear to be tons of skaters on the same track, it's a clusterf-- well, you know what I mean. OH! Something happened to the French and Italian teams - it's just Korea and the United States now! We're down to the last 3 laps. I'm not sure why we are a little behind the Koreans, but no one seemed to be in a hurry. I guess these are the qualifying races, so first or second it doesn't matter.

Italy was disqualified and France was advanced. I don't completely understand why that is, but Italy did something dopey, I guess.

Mens snowboarding...zip, zip, zip. I don't watch every single event. I have been watching a lot more than usual. But there are hours of recorded stuff, so I can't really follow all of it.

The women's speed skating was great! The skater from the Netherlands that had a terrible fall in the preliminary races on 2/16 rallied back BEAUTIFULLY!

And with that, it is time for bed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...