Nine Days of Rain?!

Someone at the weather channel (well, the online weather) had better be way off the mark!

Not that rain doesn't have its value; it does. But nine days of rain in a row fast loses its value and quickly turns into a nuisance, if not downright dangerous and poor for the community! It's one thing to perk up the flowers and make the grass a little greener. It is an entirely different creature when it cause flash flooding, long-term flooding and an increase of roadway encounters of the damaging kind. The drunks get more drunk; the drug addicts more high and the depressed overdosing - it just isn't good to have no sunlight for days on end!

How is it that people live in places like Seattle or Alaska? Bad enough in Seattle where the rainy days far outweigh the clear ones. I had read once the ratio of sunny to overcast days there and it was staggering. Then there is Alaska - I'm pretty sure that their ratio of sunny to overcast days is not the best and add to that the lack of daylight in the winter. In the summer they need blackout shades and that seems livable. But to have maybe a couple of hours of twilight in the winter and that's it? Oh, ye gods - I don't think I could live with that.

I'm a daylight person - in the winter I'm more sluggish, less active and want to go to bed too early. I find the dark terribly misleading. I have that wintertime depression that goes with having 9 hours of daylight instead of 15. In the summer, I'm more active for a longer time and have no problem getting up nice and early and not missing the day! Hand over some sunlight and no one'll get hurt!

So with the forecast of rain/showers/scattered showers showing up for the next nine days, I certainly hope the weather does its usual thing and proves the meteorologist who thought of this completely wrong. And while I am asking for the impossible...

...can we just have it rain at night? And not on Thursday nights!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...