Yoga Part II

Well, I do still love it and I go to the gym every Tuesday evening to take the class.

The class does wonders. It works out the body, calms the mind, skyrockets the endorphins and builds the confidence! What is the downside?

In actual fact, there isn't one. True, I usually feel sore about mid-way through Wednesday, but I still consider that a positive sign. It means I'm getting a real workout. Oddly enough, while the poses sound easy and innocent enough (downward-facing dog, upward-facing dog, cat, tree, lotus, mountain, etc.), they are not nearly as easy as all that. I was definitely sweating profusely after a few switching of downward-facing dog, then to plank pose, then upward-facing dog. It is not simple. But then when I do child's pose, it feels SO good, I could just melt into the floor!

There are some poses that are incredibly hard for me to do (plank is one of them), and others that are quite easy, like bridge pose. And then there are ones that are hard to do but I can do them and well. Almost all of the standing triangle poses are easy for me. Balance isn't always good, but usually I do well. Almost any pose where the bulk of my weight is held up by my arms is incredibly difficult to not possible. I do try every pose, but since the aim is not to hurt myself, I'm quick to modify it and know my limitations.

While it has gotten considerably easier to empty my mind and just do the workout, it is not often that I can completely clear it. I find my mind wanders aimlessly all over the place... sex, home, the sounds of other people breathing, the weather... sex again. Well. I guess that topic is never far from my mind. But this night I was fairly relaxed and not really thinking much... until I realised that my chin was buried between my breasts.

Hoping I'll get crazy and think something sexual? Forget it. All I could think about is one of my coworkers who told me that if he was a woman, he would have implants to make his breasts huge, because breasts are power. Spoken like a man. A very ignorant man. I love penises, but trust me, I don't want to be the proud owner of one! For one thing, I can't imagine what it would be like to have all that stuff taking up space between my legs!

Well, this individual has no idea what it is like to have these two rather enormous objects hanging off his chest! They are not power... they are just permanently enlarged mammary glands. I like my breasts (they could stand to be perkier but at 38, who isn't thinking that?), and they are fun for myself (dressing to showcase) and for Luis (I'm sure I need not expound on that). But do they give me power? No- they get in the way at yoga and at Ren they make a pretty good shelf. Other than that, they are just another part of the body. Personally, I think having a prehensile tail would be much more useful and entertaining... but I'll keep the boobs. I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller size (overall, not just my breasts) but they are not bad as they are.

If they were much bigger I would get a reduction and feel really, really good about it. Oversized breasts only create problems for the owner - usually severe back problems and strap marks where bra straps cut into the skin. Yuck.

Well, maybe when this person straps on a fake chest and tries that out for at least week, then I will be more sympathetic to trying out a package between my legs. Genders should try to understand each other.

In the meantime I will continue with my yoga, and the inconvenience of having my chin jammed in between my bodacious ta-tas...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...