OK, My List of 100 Things

OK, my friend Mary, to whom I owe many thanks for too many good blogging ideas, has challenged me to do a list of 100 things about myself. Are you ready for this? I'm not sure I am... but here we go. It is 1940 on Wednesday, 2 April 2008. Let us see how far I can get with this before I need to throw in the towel or go to bed.


I'm hoping to put in more items. I suspect that there are 500 bullet points one should know before embarking on a good relationship with me.


1. I am have seen every single M*A*S*H episode ever made that aired to the public

2. I am an ebay junkie

3. I love my car; I think it is sexy

4. I just moved all the furniture in the house; everything hurts now!

5. I have muscular dystrophy

6. I have my menstrual cycle and severe cramps, the second time in six months after a 12 year hiatus (I hate it)

7. I burn candles all the time, one in each room upstairs

8. I love Luis more than I can imagine; we just had our 18 year anniversary

9. I've never shot a gun

10. I have done CPR five times

11. I don't mind blood but hate the smell of vomit

12. I have a massive collection of Smurfs and it is growing

13. I have an amazing collection of Old Farmers Almanacs

14. I am losing weight again (hence the menstrual cycle)

15. This episode of M*A*S*H always makes me cry - Henry Blake is killed on his flight home

16. I have SADDS in the winter

17. I take Ambien to sleep at night

18. I have an insatiable love of buying and sex (not together)

19. I never cook

20. I am a total [reformed] sugar junkie

21. If we hadn't moved because the outlaw moved in, I'd have never have become an EMT

22. I love colours on the walls (i.e. paint colours)

23. I used to do fantasy art (think Boris Vallejo)

24. I used to drink boatloads of hot tea

25. I miss drawing

26. I worked at the New York Renaissance Faire for 20 years

27. I have had sex with a total of eight men over 22 years of sexual activity (the most with Luis, obviously)

28. I fantasize about far more men than I've slept with

29. I love Hawai'ian pizza

30. I love Thai Chicken Pizza

31. I love hummus and fresh bread

32. I love pistachio nuts

33. I love my job

34. I love being in Human Resources

35. I miss the people from USII but not the company

36. I don't understand the pleasure of watching televised sports

37. I firmly believe this: he who dies with the most money is still dead

38. I think Nancy is great - a truly admirable woman

39. Sometimes I want to slap Joe (and he sometimes wants to slap me) but I am amazed at what the man can do with a calculator!

40. I don't get the whole golf thing

41. I rarely drink alcohol. I had two alcoholic beverages at my 40th birthday

42. I love being 40

43. I don't worry about aging - it is not a negative and it's pointless to do so

44. I have two lucky numbers: 4 and 9

45. I have two fathers

46. My mother makes me completely nuts

47. My maternal grandmother was a slob

48. My maternal grandfather died when Ma was 15 - I'm sorry I did not get to meet him

49. My paternal grandmother hated me for getting my period

50. My paternal grandfather was spineless but I loved him greatly

51. Both my father cook like gourmet chefs and I can barely boil water

52. I love volcanoes

53. I love plate techtonics

54. I love astronomy

55. Every time I go out on a call at night, I look for Orion, my guardian comstellation

56. Antonio Banderas used to be my favourite movie star to look at

57. Antonio has been ousted by Hugh Jackman

58. I used to dream about Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and I always love Colin Firth

59. To me, a pale yellow is the only colour for a kitchen

60. I love to sign to music

61. I have been listening to Coldplay all day, especially Sleeping Sun

62. I discovered that Trace Adkins is a truly admirable human being

63. My favourite candle fragrance is pear

64. I love driving the ambulance

65. I love taking pictures

66. I love traveling; I've been to the British Isles, Canada, California, Texas, all of New England and Florida (not that I'd brag about Florida)

67. I want to return to the British Isles as soon as possible; I was there when I was 17 years old

68. I hate camping - my idea of roughing it is a three star hotel

69. I enjoy looking at the many spheres made from (mostly) flourite, and other crystals

70. I love my cats greatly

71. I love to read and read voraciously

72. My favourite series is The Mallorean by David Eddings

73. Currently I'm reading Reading Lolita in Tehran - I highly recommend it

74. I need to straighten up the house before crashing for bed. I will resume this fun project tomorrow

75. Might as well end on thw 75; I love my hand made Ren boots (made by Catskill Mountain Moccassins). I love them

76. I own all comfortable shoes! No high heels or anything like that

77. I love Blogging, it is a release for me

78. I have a few close penfriends that I write to all the time, in the UK, New Hampshire and the Czech Republic

79. I find drunks and drivers who have no damage to their vehicles who scream blue murder that their necks hurt piss me off

80. I have no patience with alcohol consumption and people who do it all the time

81. Seeing Luis in pain upsets me more than I knew

82. My mother is a bit of a hypochondriac

83. We watch Wife Swap - my dirty secret

84. Same thing for Beauty & The Geek - I can't believe how unbelievably stupid some of the "beauties"

85. I intensey dislike children (it's tough to know the age cut-off - once they can hold an adult-level intelligent conversation and not act super-immature)

86. I would make a great geek on Beauty & the Geek

87. I would make a great grim reaper like on Dead Like Me

88. There's no place like home - one of the greatest movie lines ever

89. I always use Occam's Razor when dealing with EE issues

90. I love pistachio ice cream and have not had it in ages; I also love Peanutbutter Chocolate (specifically Baskin Robbins)

91. I used to get a hot white chocolate once a week at Dunkin' Donuts

92. Since I lost 35lbs I want to have sex 90% of the time instead of 75%

93. I love learning and have a zillion Idiot's Guide to... and ...for Dummies books

94. I have a photo image of my mother's removed huge appendix and this morning saw an image of Luis' kidney stone - it looked like a cactus

95. There is a hot guy on my squad and I spend too much time around hot cops at both of my jobs

96. I love working on jigsaw puzzles - mostly cartography, cartoons or images of a million of the same thing

97. I have so many books I will need to live to 300 years of age to read them all

98. I love Snoopy and used to carry a stuffed Snoopy toy around with me when I was a kid

99. I collect Sensa pens

100. Peel an onion and there are many different layers and you have just read 99 of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...