A Trip to Philly

We made it!

The first five minutes were definitely the hardest - I thought I might have to kill my mother: "Where is this?" Why can't I hear that?" "Can you open this?" "Can you get me that?" "Is there anything to eat? I need to eat." Ye gods. I bet you didn't know anyone other than a 2-year-old could fit that many questions into a five minute time span.

Once on the highway with the new navigator leading the way, she got into watching whatever movie she was watching (I think it was Steel Magnolias) and Ray and I could talk - the whole 2+ hours - watching the traffic (thankfully there was none until 295 South), seeing other drivers, passing places that Ray worked as an electrician.

We did stop once to get gas and thought that at $3.17 (low test) and $3.40 (high test) a gallon it was a steal - how sad is that. We got into Philly and low test gasoline was a whopping $3.50! Yowza! Good thing it's only a day trip (one night over in the Sheraton, who got me for ten bucks for the not-so-high speed Internet...)

Well, you know me. As long as I can blog, life is good. That, and bid on ebay!

OK, I'm sure that there will be more to say later, but for now, this is it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...