A Perfect Day!

I was up right when the alarm went off. I was showered, shaved, dried and happily ready to go to work right at 0542. I had a perfect drive in this morning, had a nice start to the day; and it just kept getting better and better! I did the Orientation in 45 minutes, half the time I normally Manage it. However, I fumbled and stumbled my way through it instead of being my usual confident self. A little awkward, but still good. And then I set up a new employee and finished the Wachovia stuff and well... the day just kept getting better!

I cam home on my perfect day, picked up some needed groceries across the street, put them away, and then sat in my swinging chair in my newly painted, newly decorated sunroom to finish reading The Clan of the Cave Bear. I wanted to begin reading The Valley of the Horses also by Jean M. Auel, but found only books 3 and 4 - The Mammoth Hunters and The Plains of Passage. Those books are no where near as well written as the first two. Once the main character, Ayla, gets to have sex, then it turns into a cheesy romance book and loses a lot of its value.

So I found The Guardians of the West, book one in a five-book trilogy called The Malloreon by David Eddings. Yes, I know full well what the term "trilogy" means. But he wrote it as a trilogy and it ended up with two more books. Same thing with the series The Belgariad, which started out as three books but ended up as five.

Piers Anthony did that, too. The Incarnations of Immortality series was supposed to be a five-book series: Deat, Time, Fate, War and Nature. He ended up writing two more, Evil and Good. Of them all, For Love of Evil is my favourite followed closely by On a Pale Horse and With a Tangled Skein. All very good books.

The Malloreon should keep me busy for a while, until I can locate The Valley of the Horses. Then I can finish that series.

All in all, though, a perfect day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...